Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My First Time

Ok. . . I've done it! I have finally caved in to peer pressure (mostly from my wife) and started a blog. I have absolutely no idea what the purpose of this blog is going to be (sorry Rick Warren), but I figured I'd go ahead and give it a try. So for my first post I think I'll write about posting. Why in the world do we try to put some of our intimate thoughts on the WORLD WIDE WEB for everyone to view, critique, and scrutinize?! I mean. . . I know how I do when I read an article or any kind of journal entry and here I am making myself vulnerable for anyone who wants to, to blast me out of the water on any worldview or opinion I have! I sell cars and I have to take rejection several times a day every day. So what's the logical way to deal with that rejection? Oh, I know, I'll start a blog where someone can lamblast my views or whatever, or worse not comment at all! That sounds about right doesn't it?

So, here you go world! Have at thee! Shatter my ever fragile emotional state with your sledgehammer of rejection and cruelity! Or just say hello, whatever strikes your fancy! I'll just go and read "Your Best Life Now" and feel better about myself.

Happy Blogging!

12 comments:

Missy said...

So glad you caved!!!

Kim said...

welcome.
you suck.

Marsha said...

"Would ya luuk a' th' size o' th't head, mawn?!

Welcome to the blogosphere. The day your father in law starts blogging, look to the Eastern Sky!

Stacy said...

Kim, I am pulling down my imaginary tome of words off my imaginary bookshelf, thumbing through the list of possible things to say I find the words "you suck?"

Marsha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

Well, MIL, first of all, I've got to comtemplate what it means for man to be "draved". Is that Jewish for tired:) But when it comes to my depravity it is the thing that should always be at the forefront of our minds. Yes it doesn't stop there, but this is my first blog and I set it up in about 10 minutes. Give me some more time to expand on things and I'm sure I'll be able to make you even angrier as time goes by.

Jeri Tanner said...

Stacy,

"Oh, I know, I'll start a blog where someone can lamblast my views or whatever, or worse not comment at all! That sounds about right doesn't it?"

Yes!!:)

I'm glad to see you pullin' up a chair in your own little corner of the blogosphere, Stacy. I know you have some good things to say and I'm looking forward to hearing them and scrutinizing, that is commenting on them!

Even our pastor getting in on the fun...that's just good.

Blessings to you!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you! Here is Xavier's,probably a little more your style!! You can start something over there!
http://summaphilosophiae.wordpress.com/

quinn said...

i could say things like "welcome to blogger" etc. but i won't. i'll spare you and me. i'm not sure about the whole blog thing either. anyway, i cant pass up the reformed comment left by Pollyanna the Biblisist. its just too good. especially the part about "But He hasn't left us there!" coming after the line "THAT's my problem with reformed theology". interesting. the fact that "he hasn't left us there" is, in fact, a reformed understanding of grace (unconditional election to be precise). God didn't leave us alone, he sent his own son to save us. people who suck. just sayin man. that's all i'm sayin. pollyanna may make a good reformed mind yet, who knows? oh yeah...God knows...everything.

Marsha said...

Ah, now I am happy! The Cynical Mayhem has blog friends and I can now return to my little corner of the world.
You all have fun! I wasn't trying to debate, just instigate, stir the pot and get it started. Looks like I succeeded.
You know I love you and I'm merely funnin' with you.

Stace' said...

Welcome!

Abbey said...

"Quinn say what?"
Anyway, Matt's blog is is Pimp My Clown Shoes on my list of blog buddies if you wish to add him.