Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's 2am so I think I'll Blog

It's 2 am on saturday morning and I can't sleep. I need to sleep, as I have T minus 5 hours until I have to get up for work. But my mind won't shut off or shut up. I'm thinking about our finances or lack there of. I'm concerned about the fact i've been sick all week and I have to sing this sunday morning and my sinuses are closed. I'm wrestling with the struggle of liking to be in the spotlight and needing to have the mindset to minister with singing which is an opportunity God gives me from time to time. I really hate my ego! Couple that with the fact that i haven't really spent anytime this week utilizing the means of grace that God affords his people and i'm supposed to teach sunday school and "minister" in song this sunday. I really hate my laziness! I really need to sell 3 cars tomorrow in order to get what is called in the car business as "a hat trick." Have no idea where that comes from, but it means a cash in hand bounus and it'll put me at 16 cars for the month which means another bonus on my paycheck on the 30th plus any commissions i might get. I really hate my stressing out about things i can't completely control! I haven't spent any quality time with my wife or any of my kids because i've been to mentally wiped out and physically sick all week. I really hate my selfishness!

Oh well, I'm glad that i'm starting to yawn. Maybe I can get a 5 hour power nap and when I wake up, the sun will be shining, the birds will be singing, my cold will be gone, i'll have $20,000 in the bank, i'll be able to hit any high tenor note that i want, my selfish impulses will be stripped away, and i'll go to the park tomorrow night with Missy and the kids where we'll laugh and run and . . . wait, isn't it supposed to be 20 degrees tomorrow with rain and sleet forecasted all day?

I really hate winter time!

7 comments:

Missy said...

When have we ever gone to the park to laugh and run? Just wondering!
;)

Marsha said...

What YOU need is a good ol' dose of your in-laws! Don't worry, we're heading your way sooner than you care to even think. Now let THAT keep you up at night nauseous! Looking forward to our time together.

Stace' said...

Sounds like you need a good herbal remedy!

Surrender Daily said...

Stacey... nothing I could say could help you not worry... but Christ had the perfect words in Matthew 6. I have to trust in them daily.

Do Not Worry
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Jeri Tanner said...

Stacy,

I hear you and I feel your pain...thank God for Romans 7 and 8!!!

Marsha said...

Only a 50% dose is coming now. The other dose is coming Valentine's Day w/e...hint, hint. The one coming V Day w/e could entertain children whilst you take your wife to Valentine's Day dinner out ; )

Anonymous said...

I can totally see you and Missy holding hands and skipping through the park! Oh wait...that's what Xav does to embarass me!