Monday, August 11, 2008

4 Weeks to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havent' taken a day off since April of this year. 6 days a week with maybe a few hours of early one day a week, but mostly 6 full 12 hour days is what I've been working. All for one big payoff. One weekend in time. One 4 day period to rest and recharge my batteries. It happens in 4 weeks. The first weekend in September will be a chance to forget about people, cars, "Can we meet somewhere in the middle?", and "Let us think about it and we'll call you back."

We're going to the beach. Panama City. Never been, so it'll be nice to see. I could really care less about the beach. I prefer the mountains. It's the company I look forward to. My wife and 2 youngest kids and a family from our church that I really love. I'm looking forward to fellowshiping with a guy that has very similar beliefs as me, but different enough for some good discussion. In my head I'm imagining just peace and rest and laughter and good seafood.

I hope I can keep my head in the game, but all I can do is think how much in the home stretch I'm in. Oh well. Guess by the time I move a few cars I'll forget abount sand, waves, and seafood.

2 comments:

Missy said...

WooHoo! I can't wait!
Thanks for working so hard for us and providing so that we can go on a little reprieve.
Yes, I did say reprieve ;)

Marsha said...

Well deserved rest! Have a blast! As much as P & J needs the work, I'm praying no hurricans come barreling through that weekend to foil your plans.