Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Biggest Lamenter

Missy and I like to watch The Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights. It's amazing the transformations these people go through in a matter of a few months. Like most reality shows, there's lots of drama and lots of tears to go around.

This season however, there has been an over abundance of liquid from the eyes. Now this wouldn't be worth mentioning if it was mainly the women doing most of the crying. But the men on this season have won the prize for being the most girl like.

I'm not trying to be sexist here. I believe that men should be strong and sensitive at the same time. There are times that it's ok for a man to cry. As a matter of fact there are times when men should cry. But for Pete's sake, give me a break. These "Susans" are turning on the water works when they have to vote on eliminating someone from a COMPETITION!!! I mean, what do I tell my son, who I am trying to teach to be masculine in the fullest sense of the word, when these guys cry more than the women! And they're crying over someone leaving the Biggest Loser Campus, or the fact that they miss their families, or that someone on their team can't do a dead lift, or that they miss their snacks, or they want a soda, or that they slipped on their diet and ate a Twinkie. It makes me so mad I could just cry. . . uh, I mean. . . well. . . it makes me so mad I could just smash something!

But maybe I'm being too hard on these men. I mean they are working out 3 to 4 hours a day. The main comfort they've had so far in life, namely food, has been stripped away from them. They probably do miss their wife, kids, friends, and video games in the case of one 21 year old who still lives with his mom. You know, I feel bad now. I. . . I guess I'm just taking out something my parents did or didn't do for me when I was a kid. I'm not sure if my dad ever told me he loved me know that I think about it. I. . . Oh, I can't belive it, ok, now I'm crying!

It won't stop! The saline continually leaks from my ocular cavities! I'm sorry guys of The Biggest Loser. I understand now. I, I think I'll get my blanket, curl up on the couch with a Janet Oake novel, and afterwards, I'll go and plant some pansies to take my mind off of my insensitivites and the problems of these brave, brave men.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's their time of the month. I am convinced there is a male form of PMS.

Pollyanna said...

Their tears have emasculated them in your eyes. Do you wish for me to take care of them according to the Samurai code?